SHG Library and Media Center
Subject Area Web Resources
Use website evaluation sheet to determine whether a website is a reputable one to use for your research.
- Consumer Action Website (Federal Citizen Information Center)
- Federal Trade Commission - Protecting America's Consumers
Digital Magazines (Only SHG students and faculty are able to access these resources.)
- Scientific American (ask the Librarian for the username and password)
- CIA: The World Factbook
- BBC: Country Profiles
- Geodata.gov: Geographic Information System (GIS) Portal (also known as Geospatial One Stop)
- ESRI: Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
- USASearch.gov (Search engine)
- Google News Archive Search To search for historical newspapers available for free online. Use the “Advanced News Archive Search” and select “No Price” from the dropdown menu next to “Price.”
MLA Formatting and Citation Guidelines